Public Consultation Round two
In line with the SFA Standards System, there will be two rounds of public consultation:
- Consultation Round 1: August 17 – 16 October, 2020
- Consultation Round 2: January 15 – 15 February, 2021
Feedback from Round one
As part of the development of the joint SFA-ICCAW Cashmere Goat Welfare Code of Practice, we have reviewed the feedback received during the first round of Public Consultation.
The feedback fell into three categories:
- Suggestions to change what were originally additional requirements, to mandatory requirements. Most of these suggestions were agreed based on the criteria identifying a mandatory requirement as anything that represents critical risks to animal survival, injury or ill-health.
- Make requirements applicable to Company-run farms, applicable to all farms, including training. Most of these suggestions were not agreed because of the limited literacy, unavailability of specialist training, or suggestions that imply large financial investments.
- Additional suggested requirements. Accepted those that relate to identified critical risks; some suggestions are potential for future revisions.
There has also been an additional Important change
Every farm must now improve on at least one criterion each year.
How to Contribute
Interested parties may contribute to the consultation by submitting comments by email to our Standards and Compliance Manager, Lesley Colvin: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish, you can use this template to submit your comments. Comments on the process as well as the content of the draft standard are welcome.
Please submit your feedback by 12pm UK time on 15th February 2021.